RAW VEGAN SNICKERS BARS🍫
This is probably my favourite recipe so far. These chocolate bars are INSANE. Chewy peanut base with a gooey caramel sauce, dipped in rich chocolate, they are the perfect for your non-vegan friends to enjoy.
My meat eating, chocolate loving partner swears these are better then the real thing, which is a mega plus as they are cruelty free and full of antioxidants and vitamins!
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
1/4 cup pitted dates
3tbs natural crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup brazil nuts/walnuts/almonds (I use brazil nuts as they aren’t too sweet)
1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
1/8tsp pink Himalayan salt
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
If you are short on time you can melt a block of dark vegan chocolate (don’t let it get warm) OR
To make your chocolate from scratch:
5 tbs cacao powder
5 tbs coconut oil
3 part maple syrup
1. Blend dates, vanilla and salt until the consistency of caramel forms. This may take up to 10 minutes of straight blending. If it gets stuck add a drop of water to the mix.
2. Place in bowl and refrigerate
1. Blend nuts until a meal forms
2. Add dates, peanut butter and salt and blend until smooth
3. Roughly chop peanuts and add them to the mixture
3. Place mixture into a baking paper lined tray, making the base approx. 2cm in height
4. Pour an even layer of caramel over the base and place in the freezer for 2 hours
This is a bit tricky, as you need to use the stove, but in order to keep it raw, you must not let it get warm.
1. Combine cacao, coconut oil and maple syrup in a saucepan on a very low heat
2. Stir until combined and runny, but still cold.
3. Remove base from freezer (make sure the caramel is relatively hard before doing this step) and cut into 4x4 (approx) squares.
4. Dip the squares into the chocolate and place on a baking paper lines tray
5. Once all squares are finished, place in the freezer for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate is hard.
6. Try to not eat them all at once (hardest step)